Our commitment to environmental stewardship
Precise Continental has a tradition of environmental stewardship through practices that coincide industry standards, our clients’ demands, and our own respect for Mother Earth. We believe that every step which can be taken to protect and preserve the resources that are entrusted to us, to reduce waste, and to place a common good above fleeting immediate gains, is one step closer to a safe work environment, a healthy neighborhood and a flourishing global community.
Environmental stewardship initiatives include:
- FSC Certified – Precise Continental has received Forest Stewardship Council Certification: Chain of Custody (FSC) and undergoes annual audits to maintain the chain of custody. FSC Certified #RA-COC-005576-MP.
- Carbon Offset – Twenty five metric tons of carbon dioxide have been offset and retired through a donation to plant trees helping to restore lands in Mississippi’s Alluvial Valley through a partnership with the Arbor Day Foundation. The Arbor Day Foundation has more than 45 years of experience sequestering carbon through trees. Carbon offsets are important in the efforts to combat climate change. The amount offset equals 100% of the company’s carbon footprint.
- GreenWorks™ Recognition Program – Precise Continental was recognized by Agfa Corporation with the GreenWorks™ Award for being proactively involved in environmental responsibility.
- Recycling – Precise Continental recycles virtually 100% of the paper waste we generate. This material is marketed directly to consumers of recyclable paper where it is used to make products such as printing paper, cardboard boxes, and wallboard. In 2016 Precise Continental recycled 63 tons of paper and cardboard. We recycle 100% of our aluminum lithographic printing plates, copper engraving dies, and copper & magnesium foil dies.
- Air & Water – Chemistry-Free Plates – In September 2007, Precise Continental installed the Agfa Accento Chemistry-free platemaker. In a month’s time, this system saves 5,400 gallons of water.
- Low VOC Inks – We utilize low VOC inks for all projects, and many of the inks are also vegetable-based inks which are non-toxic and non-polluting.
- Efficiency – Precise Continental has updated lighting fixtures to energy efficient models as well as installing motion sensor switches for the lights to decrease electrical energy. Throughout the facility we have minimized water consumption through measures such as installing a chemistry/waster free plate maker, installing low-flow toilets, and designing work-flow to minimize water usage.
The Arbor Day Foundation
Founded in 1972, the centennial of the first Arbor Day observance in the 19th century, the Foundation has grown to become the largest nonprofit membership organization dedicated to planting trees, with over one million members, supporters, and valued partners.
Think of us like that friendly production manager you never had.